We Advocate for Safer Technology
Physicians for Safe Technology supports efforts to advance safer development and use of digital and wireless technologies. We also support adequate safety testing prior to the introduction of new technologies and robust monitoring after placement of cell towers. PST strongly advocates for local control of cell tower placement with careful consideration of non-thermal human health and environmental health effects. We are especially concerned about protecting children from the physical and mental health effects as well as privacy breaches from digital and wireless technologies. We encourage meaningful health surveys before placing cell towers, or increasing wireless radiofrequency radiation in the environment.
Scroll down for Other Expert letters regarding 5G, cell towers and wireless radiation in schools
10/1/19 Wireless Safety Standards Reevaluation:
Letter to Congresswoman Anna Eshoo, in response to FDA Letter to her from Dr. Jeffrey Shuren Concerning Dismissal of Research Showing Harm from RF.
- Eshoo-Merkley Letter to FDA re RF Emissions, July 18, 2019
- Eshoo Letter to Constituent Leonard Shen re FDA Reevaluation of RF Safety, Sept 20, 2019
- FDA letter from Dr. Shuren and Margerrison to Rep Anna Eshoo regarding RF safety evaluation, Sept 9, 2019
- FCC Upholds No Reassessment of Federal Communications Commission Radiofrequency Exposure Limits and Policies November 27, 2019
5/17/19- 5G Moratorium:
Letter to California Governor Gavin Newsom, May 17, 2019
2/3/19- Endorsement of HR530:
Letter to Congress Members Asking Them to Support Eshoo/Speier HR530 Revolking FCC 18-111, from Physicians for Safe Technology, February 3, 2019.
5/3/19- Endorsement of HR530:
Letter to Congress Members Anna Eshoo and Jackie Speier Regarding Introduction of HR530, Revolking FCC 18-111 to fast track small cell deployment, from Physicians for Safe Technology, February 3, 2019.
12/11/18- Request to FCC for Scientific Evidence of Safety:
Response to Blumenthal and Eshoo Letter Requesting FCC Provide Scientific Evidence of 5G Safety from Physicians for Safe Technology- December 11, 2018
12/9/18- Response to FDA on RF Exposures:
Response to FDA Press Release and Statement from Jeffrey Shuren, M.D., J.D.,on Radiofrequency Energy Exposure. Nov 1, 2018 from Physicians for Safe Technology- December 9, 2018
- FDA Press Release: https://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm624809.htm
8/25/17- SB 649- Letter of Opposition:
Letter to CA Assembly Opposing SB649 from Physicians for Safe Technology-August 25, 2017
Expert Letters: Other Physicians and Scientists Regarding Radiofrequency Radiation
Reevaluation of Safety Standards
- Jan 2, 2020 – Dr. Lennart Hardell – Re: ICNIRP, radiofrequency reevaluation of safety standards and 5G. Lettter Hardell -re: Roosli to Mrs. SommarugaSwiss Confederation Reevalaution of safety Standards, ICNIRP 5G -BERENIS_UVEK_January 2020
5G, Cell Towers and Electrosensitivity
- Dr. Beatrice Golomb, UCSD Professor, Letter to San Diego Board of Supervisors on the Rollout of 5G and SB649. Golomb SB649 5G Letter 8-22-2017
- Susan Foster, U.S. Advisor Radiation Research Trust, Letter to Palo Alto City Council on 5G cell tower and firefighter health effects. March 11, 2018 Susan Foster Letter 2018 Palo Alto Wireless Project 17PLN 031018
Wi Fi and Cell Towers in Schools
- Dr. Cindy Russell, Letter to Portland, Oregon Schools on Cell Towers and Wi Fi in Schools.3/23/19Letter Portland Schools SB 283 3:23:19 from Cindy Russell,MD PDF
- Ronald Powell, PhD. Message on Wireless in Public Schools August 20, 2015. Dr. Ronald Powell 2015 Message on Wireless Technology in Public Schools
- American Academy of Pediatrics to the FCC. August 29, 2013-AAP Letter to FCC regarding Reevaluation of Radiofrequency Electromagnetic Fields and Safety Standards 2013
- American Academy of Environmental Medicine 11/14/13 on Wi Fi in schools. AAEM letter Wi Fi in Schools 2013