The brain appears to be a sensitive target for wireless radiofrequency radiation. There are a wide range of morphologic and neurophysiologic nervous system effects reported from non-ionizing, non-thermal exposures to radio frequency radiation. These effects include damage to hippocampus (memory) and cerebellar structures, impairment of long-term potentiation (involved in learning), decrease in neurotransmitter concentrations (mood), reduction in synaptic vesicle number, demyelination (nerve cell protection), oxidative stress, DNA damage and stem cell injury with disruption of development. Clinical signs may include electrosensitivity, memory and behavioral changes as well as exacerbation of epilepsy symptoms.
Brain and Nervous System Effects
Please visit tabs under this section for peer reviewed scientific literature on microwave and cell phone electromagnetic radiation damage to brain and nervous system cellular structures, neurotransmitters, memory, neurodegeneration and inflammation/oxidation.
Nervous System Effects Tab Pages
- Blood Brain Barrier Effects. https://mdsafetech.org/blood-brain-barrier/
- Nervous system Effects. https://mdsafetech.org/nervous-system/
- Neurodegeneration. https://mdsafetech.org/neurodegeneration/
Other Topics Related to Brain Effects of RFR
- Behavior, Memory and Learning. https://mdsafetech.org/science/behavior/
- Brain Tumors. https://mdsafetech.org/science/cancer/
- Cell Tower Health Effects. https://mdsafetech.org/cell-tower-health-effects/
- Electrosensitivity Scientific Literature. https://mdsafetech.org/science/es-science/
- Electrosensitivity Clinical Review provides useful information about symptoms, diagnosis and ICD 10 codes for Electrosensitivity. https://mdsafetech.org/problems/electro-sensitivity/
- Prenatal Effects. https://mdsafetech.org/prenatal-effects/
- Wi Fi Effects. https://mdsafetech.org/wi-fi-effects/
In addition, you can view other topics on our MDSafetech.org site for more information.