Substantial research demonstrates the non-thermal effects of non-ionizing radiation. Like other toxins, such as endocrine disruptors, pesticides, heavy metals and industrial chemicals, several molecular mechanisms cause disruption of cellular processes, and damage to DNA, that do not depend on heat. Much of the literature on our Physicians for Safe Technology website demonstrates non-thermal effects of wireless radiation. Here are some specific articles and compendiums that are specific for biological and molecular effects of non-ionizing radiation that do not involve heating of tissues.
Dr. Martin Pall, Professor Emeritus of Biochemistry and Basic Medical Sciences Washington State University, has complied research on non-thermal effects in a paper 5G: Great Risk for EU, U.S., and International Health! Compelling Evidence for Eight Distinct Types of Harm Caused by Electromagnetic Field (EMF) Exposures and the Mechanisms That Cause Them. May 17, 2018. 5G- Great Risk for EU, US and International Health! Dr. Martin Pall.
Bioinitiative Scientific Review of Non-Thermal Effects with Charts
The BioInitiative Report includes many significant studies showing adverse biological effects at non-thermal levels and well below ICNIRP guidelines. These effects include altered cell membranes, DNA damage, altered sperm, neurotoxicity, reduced memory, immune dysfunction, altered blood brain barrier. The BioInitiative Report discusses why current standards for exposure to wireless radiation are inadequate. To view the charts go here.
- Bioinitiative Report (2019 updates) at https://bioinitiative.org
- Report of Cell Tower Radiation to Secretary, DOT, Delhi Proessor Girish Kumar Electrical Engineering Department , Bombay, December 2010.https://www.ee.iitb.ac.in/~mwave/GK-cell-tower-rad-report-DOT-Dec2010.pdf
- Russian National Committee on Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection and EMF RF standards. New conditions of EMF RF exposure and guarantee of the health to population.(2008) Federal Medical Biophysical Centre, FMBA, Moscow, Russia. 2008. https://www.radiationresearch.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/021235_grigoriev.pdf
- Russian National Committee of Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection. “Mobile Communication and Children`s Health”.(2008) http://www.who.int/peh-emf/project/mapnatreps/RUSSIA%20report%202008.pdf
- The Stewart Report-Power Density: Radio Frequency Non-Ionizing Radiation. May 2007. HESE UK. Non Thermal Effects. https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0019/62515/cavi_society_attachmen
- Global gene expression analysis of Escherichia coli K-12 DH5α after exposure to 2.4 GHz wireless fidelity radiation.(2019) Said-Salman IH et al. Sci Rep. 2019 Oct 8;9(1):14425.https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31595026
- Thermal and non-thermal health effects of low intensity non-ionizing radiation: An international perspective. (2018) Belpomme D et al. Environmental Pollution. Volume 242 Part A. November 2018, Pages 643-658. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0269749118310157
- Wi-Fi is an important threat to human health. (2018) Pall ML. Environ Res 164:404-416. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29573716
- Microwave frequency electromagnetic fields (EMFs) produce widespread neuropsychiatric effects including depression. (2016) Pall ML. J Chem Neuroanat. (2016) 75:43–51.https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26300312
- Scientific evidence contradicts findings and assumptions of Canadian Safety Panel 6: microwaves act through voltage-gated calcium channel activation to induce biological impacts at non-thermal levels, supporting a paradigm shift for microwave/lower frequency electromagnetic field action. (2015) Pall ML. Rev Environ Health. 2015;30(2):99-116. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25879308
- Non-thermal Cellular Effects of Low-power Microwave Radiation on the Lens and Lens Epithelial Cells.(2010) Yu Y and Yao K. The Journal of International Medical Research 2010; 38: 729 – 736. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20819410