The first reported injury of 5G in a news report comes from Switzerland, where 5G has been launched in 102 locations. The weekly French-language Swiss magazine L’Illustré interviewed people living in Geneva after the 5G rollout with alarming details of illness. In their article, With 5G, We Feel Like Guinea Pigs, posted July 18, 2019, they report neighbors met to discuss their many common symptoms and many unanswered questions.
5G: It’s Legal but Not Safe
As soon as the antennas were installed, several residents and entire families in the heart of Geneva reported similar unusual symptoms of loud ringing in the ear, intense headaches, unbearable earaches, insomnia, chest pain, fatigue and not feeling well in the house. 29-year-old Geneva resident, Johan Perruchoud, called up Swisscom and was told that indeed the 5G cell towers were activated on the same day he began to feel the symptoms. When others called Swisscom they were told everything is legal and within guidelines.
Swiss Physician Denounces 5G and Calls for a 5G Moratorium
Dr. Bertrand Buchs, who has also called for a 5G moratorium, states he has seen more and more patients with similar symptoms. He notes, “In this case, our authorities are going against common sense … we risk experiencing a catastrophe in a few years… no serious study exists yet, which is not surprising when we know that this technology was developed in China, then to the United States. In Switzerland, we could open a line for people who feel bad, listen to these complaints and examine them. Our country has the means and the skills. The debate must be launched because the story is not about to end.”
Swisscom: Millions of Fast Connections
Swisscom states, “5G will create new opportunities for residential customers and businesses across Switzerland. 5G is the new mobile communication standard for digitisation, enabling the extremely fast connection of millions of devices, things and people.” Will those millions of fast connection enable communication, or instead disable people from communicating due to illness?
Dear Diary: Loud Humming, Lots of Pain, Nausea, No Sleep
These stories parallel that of Anne Mills, author of “All EMF’d Up”, who suffered wireless radiation poisoning in Germany when her husband was stationed there for work. She wrote a diary with identical symptoms of those in Geneva. As noted in the Swiss magazine L’Illustré article, her concerns, like those in Geneva, were dismissed. She consulted with German physician, Dr. Horst Eger, to confirm her symptoms were that of microwave illness seen in military radar personnel and those working on microwave towers. All EMFd Up (Electromagnetic Fields): My Journey Through Wireless Radiation Poisoning and How You Can Protect Yourself. (2019)Anne Mills
“Mystery Illness” In Cuban and Chinese Diplomats is Microwave Poisoning
The New York Times and CBS reported unexplained symptoms in diplomats living in China and Cuba in 2017 and 2018. The source was found to be microwave radiation. UC San Diego Professor of Medicine, Dr. Beatrice Golomb, published an article in Neural Computation in September 2018, discussing the symptoms of the diplomats living abroad. The symptoms that diplomats and their families experienced, i.e. sleep problems, headaches, strange auditory sounds, anxiety and dizziness were similar to those with microwave illness reported in military studies from pulsed microwave radiation. See also news articles below
- Cuban Diplomats Likely Hit by Microwave Weapons. Sept 4, 2018
- U.S. Diplomats in China Suffer Brain Trauma from High Powered Microwaves. March 20, 2019
Residents in Sacramento, California Experiencing Symptoms
After 5G towers were installed in a Sacramento neighborhood, a family began to experience generalized health issues, including headaches. This was such a concern that the father set up a website and petition to gain support for halting 5G expansion. Sacramento was one of the first in the U.S. to permit 5G cell towers, with health concerns being raised well before the towers were in place. The question remains about exactly what frequencies of radiation and what levels of radiation are emitted by these neighborhood 5G cell towers which reportedly will use 4G frequencies as well. Should there be independent testing? The Sacramento city manager is apparently doing a review of 5G towers according to a September 12, 2019 news report .
Here is a video of testimony of a mother whose children fell ill after a cell antenna was placed outside their house in June 2019.
Doctors Protesting 5G Communications and Calling for 5G Moratorium
In October 2019 about 3 dozen physicians in white coats protested at the State Ministry in Stuttgart, Germany, calling for a moratorium on 5G until safety of the new technology has been proven. The protest was covered in the German publication Stuttgarter News. Mental heath professional Jörg Schmid stated in the article, “We have more and more patients in our practices who are hypersensitive to electrosmog.” Symptoms they reported included headaches, tinnitus, difficulty concentrating and cardiac arrhythmias.
Dr. Cornelia Mästle, an internal medicine physician and cardiologist from Winterbach was to the point at the protest announcing, “We are calling for prevention strategies to protect the population, further research needs and a moratorium on the expansion of 5G mobile radio.”A letter was also sent to the State Ministry and a formal appointment was made with the physicians to discuss this issue.
Google Translation of article in English Demo at the State Ministry in Stuttgart- Doctors are protesting 5G mobile communications
Demo at the State Ministry in Stuttgart: Doctors are protesting 5G mobile communications. Thomas Durchdenwald, 10/23/19. https://www.stuttgarter-nachrichten.de/inhalt.demo-am-staatsministerium-in-stuttgart-protest-gegen-5-g-in-weissen-arztkitteln.f964401b-85f9-4915-a236-4f3177597300.html
STOP 5G International Protests
Around the world citizens in every profession are protesting the 5G rollout as well. A volunteer group called Stop 5G International has organized this effort. The first global protest was January 25, 2020. The next worldwide protest is scheduled for Saturday, April 25, 2020.
Palestinians in Prison Hunger Strike to Stop Headaches from Phone Jammers
An article from the Palestinian News Network reported on headaches in prisoners in Israeli Jails when radiofrequency phone jammers were turned on and boosted the levels. There have been many recent reports of severe headaches in prisoners in a variety of jails associated with phone jammer operations. Dozens of prisoners have been on a hunger strike for 14 days now. These symptoms are backed up by research by many, including J Wang et al (2017) who published their article, Mobile Phone Use and The Risk of Headache: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis of Cross-sectional Studies, in Nature magazine. The comprehensive meta-analysis of studies linking cell phone radiation to headaches showed positive findings in the robust studies. He concluded that mobile phone use may increase the risk for headache . He notes, “In Stalin’s study and Chiu’s study the prevalence of MP[mobile phone] usage among adult and children was 69.8% and 63.2% respectively in their study population, ” He warns that, “It is imperative that health care professionals, clinicians and common people are educated about the deleterious influence of MP [mobile phone]on headach. And it is reasonable to instruct children and adolescent about a prudent use of MPs.” A new study by (Movahedi (2018)- Short-term exposure to mobile jammer radiofrequency radiation adversely affects the human hearing reveals hearing loss in a significant number of medical students tested after only one hour of exposure.
Many Others Suffer Microwave Illness/Electrosensitivity
It is reported that 3% to 30% of the population have symptoms similar to Microwave illness or electrosensitivity, depending on the reporting country and if mild to severe symptoms are reported.
Dr. Scott Eberle describes how a physician learned about his own electrosensitivity published originally in 2014 in the Sonoma Medicine and later reprinted in the Santa Clara County/Monterey County Medical Association Bulletin. You can read Dr. Scott Eberle’s What’s the Diagnosis Doctor? He has also written “An Underworld Journey: Learning to Cope with Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity.” Dr. Scott Eberle. Ecopyschology.9(2):106-111, June 2017. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/317923126_An_Underworld_Journey_Learning_to_Cope_with_Electromagnetic_Hypersensitivity
Writer Alison Main has documented her experience in developing electrosensitivity and her frustration at being more isolated from other people and wireless technology she would like to use. Electro-Sensitivity: When the Modern World Hurts
Safer Alternatives to Wireless Networks: SAFE G
Fiberoptic to premises and cabled networks are safe and just as fast as 5g. Considering that the 5G networks will depend on a backbone of fiberoptic cables it makes sense to bypass the 5G wireless towers for these cabled alternatives. See
- Reinventing Wires: The Future of Landlines and Networks and
- Safe 5G: A Safe Alternative to Harmful 5G Wireless at https://safeg.net/home/
- PST 5G Scientific Literature: https://mdsafetech.org/5g-telecommunications-science/
- PST Electrosensitivity Stories. https://mdsafetech.org/electrosensitivity-stories/
- PST Electrosensitivty Science. https://mdsafetech.org/science/es-science/
- PST Review of Electrosensitivity:
- PST Scientific Literature on Cellular and Biological Mechanisms of Wireless Radiofrequency Radiation. https://mdsafetech.org/cellular-mechanisms-oxidation/
News and Research Articles
- “With 5G, We Feel Like Guinea Pigs” or “Avec la 5G, nous nous sentons comme des cobayes”. Translated easily into English with google translator. https://www.illustre.ch/magazine/5g-sentons-cobayes?utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR1kXKK1yWBDKoaZRVOQB7gRvC8o-1a3GyVbQHJPyPkAzzpl73iKYtaiA6Q
- Side Effects of living near 5G towers in Geneva Switzerland – testimonial. Altermedicine.org. https://www.altermedicine.org/sideeffects-of-living-near-5g-towers-in-geneva-switzerland-testimonial/
- Microwave Weapons Are Prime Suspect in Ills of U.S. Embassy Workers. Doctors and scientists say microwave strikes may have caused sonic delusions and very real brain damage among embassy staff and family members. Sept 1, 2018.William J. Broad. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/01/science/sonic-attack-cuba-microwave.html?action=click&module=Well&pgtype=Homepage§ion=Health
- Diplomats in China report similar brain injuries as Americans in Cuba in 2016 and 2017,25 Americans in the U.S. embassy in Cuba suffered serious, unexplained brain injuries. Now, at least 15 American officials in China are reporting similar symptoms. 60 Minutes reports. March 15, 2019. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/diplomats-in-china-report-similar-brain-injuries-as-americans-in-cuba-60-minutes/
- Researcher links diplomats’ mystery illness to radiofrequency/microwave radiation. Eureka alert. August 29, 2018. American Academy for the Advancement of Science. https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2018-08/uoc–rld082918.php
- Diplomats’ Mystery Illness and Pulsed Radiofrequency/ Microwave Radiation. Golomb BA. Neural Computation. 2018 Sep 5:1-104. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30183509
- EUROPAEM EMF Guideline 2016 for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of EMF-related health problems and illnesses gives an “overview of the current knowledge regarding EMF-related health risks and provides recommendations for the diagnosis, treatment and accessibility measures of EHS to improve and restore individual health outcomes as well as for the development of strategies for preventionor https://www.degruyter.com/view/j/reveh.ahead-of-print/reveh-2016-0011/reveh-2016-0011.xml?format=INTor EMF Guidelines
- ‘Are community concerns over the 5G network rollout based on unfounded anxiety or valid evidence?’ Guest Blog from Dr. Don Maisch, Australia. Between a Rock and a Hard place. April 25, 2019. https://betweenrockandhardplace.wordpress.com/2019/04/25/guest-blog-from-dr-don-maisch-australia-are-community-concerns-over-the-5g-network-rollout-based-on-unfounded-anxiety-or-valid-evidence/
- The Prevalence of People With Restricted Access to Work in Man-Made Electromagnetic Environments. Bevington M. Journal of Environment and Health Science. January 18, 2019. https://www.ommegaonline.org/article-details/The-Prevalence-of-People-With-Restricted-Access-to-Work-in-Man-Made-Electromagnetic-Environments/2402
- Prevalence of self-reported hypersensitivity to electric or magnetic fields in a population-based questionnaire survey. Hillert L et al. Scand J Work Environ Health. 2002 Feb;28(1):33-41. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11871850
- Changes of Clinically Important Neurotransmitters Under the Influence of Modulated RF Fields- A Long-term Study Under Real-life Conditions. (2011) Buchner K and Eger H. https://ecfsapi.fcc.gov/file/7521095891.pdf
- Research articles by Dr. Horst Eger. https://www.researchgate.net/scientific-contributions/2014064959_Horst_Eger
- Demo am Staatsministerium in StuttgartÄrzte protestieren gegen 5G-Mobilfunk. Thomas Durchdenwald, 10/23/19. https://www.stuttgarter-nachrichten.de/inhalt.demo-am-staatsministerium-in-stuttgart-protest-gegen-5-g-in-weissen-arztkitteln.f964401b-85f9-4915-a236-4f3177597300.html
- Demo at the State Ministry in Stuttgart: Doctors are protesting 5G mobile communications. Thomas Durchdenwald, 10/23/19. https://www.stuttgarter-nachrichten.de/inhalt.demo-am-staatsministerium-in-stuttgart-protest-gegen-5-g-in-weissen-arztkitteln.f964401b-85f9-4915-a236-4f3177597300.html
Top Scientific Articles on Effects of Non-Ionizing Wireless Radiation
- Oxidative mechanisms of biological activity of low-intensity radiofrequency radiation. (2016) Yakymenko et al. Electromagn Biol Med. 2016;35(2):186-202. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26151230
- Final National Toxicology (NTP) Report 2018. NTP TECHNICAL REPORT ON THE TOXICOLOGY AND CARCINOGENESIS STUDIES IN Hsd:SPRAGUE DAWLEY SD RATS EXPOSED TO WHOLE-BODY RADIO FREQUENCY RADIATION AT A FREQUENCY (900 MHz) AND MODULATIONS (GSM AND CDMA) USED BY CELL PHONES. For Peer Review March 26-28, 2018. NIH. https://ntp.niehs.nih.gov/ntp/about_ntp/trpanel/2018/march/tr595peerdraft.pdf For summary and other links go to NTP Study on Cell Phones and Cancer. https://mdsafetech.org/ntp-study-2016/
- Comments on the US National Toxicology Program technical reports on toxicology and carcinogenesis study in rats exposed to whole-body radiofrequency radiation at 900 MHz and in mice exposed to whole-body radiofrequency radiation at 1,900 MHz. (2019)Hardell and Carlberg. Int J Oncol. 2019 Jan;54(1):111-127. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30365129
- Exposure to Magnetic Field Non-Ionizing Radiation and the Risk of Miscarriage: A Prospective Cohort Study. (2017) Dr. De Kun Li et al. Sci Rep. 2017 Dec 13;7(1):17541. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5727515/
- Radiations and male fertility. (2018) Kesari KK et al. Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2018 Dec 9;16(1):118. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30445985
- EUROPAEM EMF Guideline 2016 for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of EMF-related health problems and illness. (2016) Belyaev I. Rev Environ Health. 2016 Sep 1;31(3):363-97. https://www.diagnose- funk.org/download.php?field=filename&id=363&class=DownloadItem
- Electromagnetic Interaction Between Environmental Fields and Living Systems Determines Health and Wellbeing. (2013) Electromagnetic Fields: Principles,…Biophysical Effects. Dimitris Panagopoulos ©2013. Nova Science Publishers, Inc. http://www.wendywalksfores.com/uploads/1/3/9/0/13908728/panagopoulos-nova-2013- emfs-chapter-1.pdf
- A Review of the Ecological Effects of Radiofrequency Electromagnetic Fields (RF- EMF). (2012) Environment International. Cucurachi et al. 51C:116-140 · December
2012. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/233974663_A_review_of_the_ecological _effects_of_radiofrequency_electromagnetic_fields_RF-EMF
- Radiofrequency radiation injures trees around mobile phone base stations.(2016) Science of the Total Environment. Vol 572. /Dec 2016. Pg. 554-569. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0048969716317375
- 5 G wireless telecommunications expansion: Public health and environmental implications. (2018) Russell CL. Environmental Research. Volume 165. August 2018. Pages 484-495. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29655646
- Wi-Fi is an important threat to human health. (2018) Pall ML. Environmental Research. Volume 164. July 2018. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0013935118300355
Scientific Compendiums and International Policies on Electromagnetic Radiation (EMR)
- Bioinitiative Report (2019 update)- A scientific compendium and rational for biologically based exposures to low intensity electromagnetic radiation to protect public health. http://www.bioinitiative.org/
- Oceania Radiofrequency Scientific AdvisoryAssociation. (2015) Independent database of all peer-reviewed studies and articles to the science relating to electromagnetic radiation and human exposure. Australia. https://www.orsaa.org/about-us.html
- International Agency for Research on Cancer. IARC Classifies Radiofrequency Electromagnetic Fields as Possibly Carcinogenic to Humans. (2011) http://www.iarc.fr/en/media-centre/pr/2011/pdfs/pr208_E.pdf
- The potential Dangers of Electromagnetic Fields and Their Effect on the Environment. (2011) The European Council Parliamentary Assembly Resolution 1815- May 2011- https://assembly.coe.int/nw/xml/XRef/Xref-XML2HTML-en.asp?fileid=17994
- Russian National Committee of Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection – 2008 report. https://www.who.int/peh-emf/project/mapnatreps/RUSSIA%20report%202008.pdf
- Radiofrequency Electromagnetic Radiation and the Health of Canadians. Report of the Standing committee on Health. (2015). http://www.ourcommons.ca/DocumentViewer/en/41-2/HESA/report-13
- Planetary electromagnetic pollution: it is time to assess its impact.(2018)Carpenter DO and Bandara P. The Lancet Planetary Health. Dec 1, 2018. Volume 2, Issue 12. https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanplh/article/PIIS2542-5196(18)30221-3/fulltext
- International Association of Firefighters Division of Occupational Health Safety and Medicine. Position on Health effects from radiofrequency/Microwave (RF/MW) Radiation in Fire Department Facilities from Base Stations for Antennas and Towers. 2011. http://www.iaff.org/hs/facts/celltowerfinal.asp
- Physicians for Safe Technology. Executive Summary and Scientific Research. https://mdsafetech.org and https://mdsafetech.org/featured-page-one/join-mdsafetech- org/